28.12.11

Yesterday's Devotional

from Sarah Young's 'Jesus Calling'

I am preparing you for what is on the road ahead, just around the bend. Take time to be still in My Presence so that I can strengthen you. The busier you become, the more you need this time apart with Me. So many people think that time spent with Me is a luxury they cannot afford. As a result, they live and work in their own strength - until that becomes depleted. Then they either cry out to Me for help or turn away in bitterness.
How much better it is to walk closed to Me, depending on My strength and trusting Me in every situation. If you live in this way, you will do less but accomplish far more. Your unhurried pace of living will stand out in the rush-crazed age. Some people may deem you lazy, but many more will be blessed by your peacefullness. Walk in the Light with Me, and you will reflect Me to the watching world.

Isaiah 64:4

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

John 15:5

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me
you can do nothing.

Psalm 36:9

For with you is the fountain of life: in your light we see light.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh Sarah, such good stuff. I was so spent yesterday with all the packing and just wanting to be back in our own space. Your post reminds me what Strength I have failed to tap into the past couple of weeks. Looking ahead to a closer walk with Him in the coming days. Thank you!

Christine said...

she is such a doll :). It's so funny when your little one pulls out a word or gesture that you've never seen before and you wonder where in the world they picked that one up from!