29.3.11

6 months!


I can't believe that just 6 short months ago, our little one appeared in our lives. We can't imagine our lives without her and often wonder aloud to each other what it is we were even doing before she was around. She is THE light of our lives. She is such a busy body and continually lives up to her nickname of 'nosey rosey'. She enjoys spending time in her jolly jumper and rolling all over the living room. She likes having an audience and is happiest when she is near Brad or I. She is getting more and more vocal and the sound of her alto voice is my favorite sound in the world. She continues to have the sweetest disposition and is growing more and more curious by the day. She grabs at whatever we have in our hands and immediately puts it in her mouth. She is eating (2)6 oz bottles while I am at work (going about 4 hrs between bottles) and I nurse her once in the morning and 2-3 times in the evening. She seems to be showing signs of being ready for solids and we think we'll begin introducing them this month sometime. She usually goes to bed around 9:00p and sleeps until about 7:30a. A few things we don't want to forget... When she stops nursing, cranes her neck back so she can look at her daddy sitting next to me on the couch and just stares at him. Then she'll flirt with him, smile and nuzzle back down to eat. When I hear her wake up from a nap and she doesn't cry to get up rather i'll just hear her little voice, a few thumps and the sound of her playing with her crib toys. Her sleepytime giraffe. Her laugh.


3 comments:

Hazel's mom said...

Happy 6 months Adelaide! You are the cutest little thing! I love toe chewing pictures. I've got some of Hazel in a diaper on her changing table chewing on toes too...

Kristen said...

Ooooh my goodness, she is ADORABLE!!!!! How can you stand it? :)

Mary and Justin said...

Happy 6 months little lady! We love you so much and Mira sure misses her bff!